Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Favorite Portraits



By Mitchell Kanashkevich


When I was asked to present my 3 favorite portraits I thought that it'd be a very easy task.

But when I started going through the images of photographers whose work I admire few questions arise. 



What exactly is portrait? Does it suppose to be an image of one's face or is it rather a depiction of one's character even though the subject's features are not that clear? 

What's a photo? Is an image edited to the extent that almost every bit of it is retouched and changed its original form still consider to be a portrait photograph? 

What do I, personally, like about portraits? When I am looking through photos what stops my attention?  What about my classmates? What are their preferences?  




Meanwhile here is few (slightly more than 3) photos that I wanted to share and discuss: 




By Viesturs Links






By Dima Gavrysh




By Misha Friedman






By Ilya Popenko



By Dima Gavrysh

No comments:

Post a Comment